Temple Emanuel in Newton is one of the largest and most engaging synagogues in greater Boston. That's why I wanted to go with you this morning to the services, despite not being invited. It was not disappointing! As we walked in, I read the program for the day, and believe it or not, I knew the other family celebrating the B'nai Mitzvah for the day. Friends from a long time ago, Michael and Karen had a son just 9 months before you were born. They actually visited us in LA just before you were born. I knew it was beshert that I was there. The service was really moving; the cantor's voice like opera, and the rabbi's sermon had me at the edge of my seat. On top of that, Jacob (and Evan) did remarkable jobs chanting torah and teaching the congregation of their parshah and haftorah. Where are the shy kids? I haven't seen any so far this year!
I also saw a friend from college, and a coworker from Teradyne, thereby making this Bar Mitzvah one for all the stages of my life....
No comments:
Post a Comment