Sammy A. Oct 23, 2010, Temple Israel Boston
Today we attended Sammy's Bat Mitzvah.
Though the synagogue is so large, the feeling was very warm and intimate; they started the service in the hallway, with Sammy and her family on a small stage, inviting everyone to enter the congregation together.
What a poised and articulate young lady! Sammy spoke about how we as Jews question things, we don't just accept what we are told or taught. Her example of Mr. Civin's class made you all giggle. Goldie you were so happy to be there with your camp friends, posting your excitement on Facebook late last night. That along with texts from Max and company coming in from NY, makes this weekend a camp reunion. Thanks to Sammy, you looked at going to Eisner years ago. She knew it was something special, and she shared it with you. Sammy's party in the evening had a Camp theme. The table numbers were by bunk, and the DJ was your favorite from Camp. What a fun night for all!
I had the responsibility of driving you and Sammy and two other camp friends to Lola's Bat Mitzvah party after....and there was traffic everywhere in Boston due to the Head of the Charles, and BC Football game. I love Boston in the fall!
Lola , Oct 23, 2010
Temple Beth El of Belmont
Lola has been your friend at camp for 2 years, she came to your Bat Mitzvah. Though you missed the service this morning, you and your friends went for the afternoon party at the temple. When I came to pick you up, I stood at the doorway waiting for you. Seconds later you zoomed by me, being chased by Max with a bubble wand. I surmised right there that you had a good time, even if it was a short time at the party. A week ago Lola's mom sent out a very comprehensive guide to their Shabbat Services--I had to guess that many of the guests were not Jewish. Her explanations of Lola's responsibilities and the blessings were beautiful, you can assume that she had a nice service. Though I was only in the Temple for a few minutes, I realized how lucky we are to have been in two temples in one day, and how diverse the Jewish people are across Boston.
No comments:
Post a Comment